Saturday 13 February 2010

A bit late for Big Garden Birdwatch!

Well, I've been away from the Island for most of the week attending a conference in Pitlochry - the weather was absolutely stunning with lovely crisp mornings and bright clear days. The only trouble was I was wondering what those eagles were up to - with weather like that its great for nest building - who knows where they will decide to make home this year - Loch Frisa is 8 miles long with many a tree - but this morning as I lay in bed, 2 huge birds flew past the window - with a "what the ************** was that?" I leapt out knowing full well it was our two eagles that obligingly sit on the rocks looking out to sea. Its so nice to go away but even better to come home and with a wake up like that I know where I would rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment